On Sun, Apr 12 2009, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:

> On Sunday 12 April 2009 17:43:36 Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 01:01:38AM +0200, Luigi Gangitano wrote:
>> > Hi Kurt,
>> > can you please report on issue in the voting software that prevented
>> > some ballots to be processed? I sent my vote twince on April 9 and April
>> > 11 and got the following answer back:
>>
>> Hi Luigi,
>>
>> I wish you contacted me about this before so that we could find a
>> solution to get your vote counted.
>
> Just a comment: if Luigi sent a valid vote during the correct time frame, and
> it was rejected because of a software bug, shouldn't it still count, even if
> the problem is not brought up until later, even if you have to add this
> information in manually or after the fact? Obviously one vote either way
> doesn't affect the result of this election, but IMO voter disenfranchisement
> should be taken VERY seriously.

        What devotee accepts is a proper ascii armored GPG signed mail
 (RFC 2440), or PGP/MIME, which is RFC 3156.

        Sending in a non PGP/MIME message  which is magled by the MTA
 has never been acceptable. If you can't use a decent MUA, then there is
 always

         mailx -s 'My vote' f...@vote.debian.org < ballot.asc

        Frankly, if would seem that a DD ought o be able to deliver RFC
 compliant mails to vote.d.o.

        manoj
--
It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of
opinion that makes horse-races.  -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's