Kumar Appaiah <a.ku...@alumni.iitm.ac.in> writes:

> This totally makes sense, but when it gets to the point where personal
> disagreements and their resolution seem to stifle a significant part of
> the community at large, this also results in disillusion.

Oh, yeah, absolutely.  That's one of the reasons why I encouraged people
on debian-devel to take this to the TC.

The heart of the problem for me is that this situation has dragged on for
an exceptionally long time.  I remember seeing overflow of the same basic
underlying problem in arguments over pycentral and pysupport on
debian-devel quite some time ago.  I think the main failing of how we've
handled this as a project is that we've let it drag on and fester for
probably at least a year longer than we should have.

> There may be no "this is the right solution" for this whole problem. But
> I just wanted to know what the candidates thought they should be doing,
> if anything at all, in order to help fix the situation with as few
> bruises (ego or otherwise) as possible.

Yeah, I think it's a great question.

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>