On 15361 March 1977, Sean Whitton wrote:

Yes.  The amount of effort that we would need to expend on implementing
zack's Statement seems out of proportion to the benefit, given that it
mandates no particular git workflow.

That's because you are all in way too deep in technical stuff. This is
-vote, not -devel.
Actually hashing out how it will work and look isn't what these threads
here are (should be) about.

dgit may even be (part of) the answer when one goes down to the
technical work and specs. It may also not be but something new that may
be based on concepts of it. Or not. I don't think that can, or should,
be defined here and now.

--
bye, Joerg