On Fri, 2022-03-25 at 11:41 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> I still want to work towards having an expenditure policy,
> The idea would be that there's some clear document that makes it
> really easy for someone to know whether they can apply for something
> or not, and I think if it hits a few checklist items that makes it a
> braindead yes, then we shouldn't even require DPL approval.

We have these documents related to that:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL#Money
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/AskingForMoney
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DPL/SponsoringGuidelines

These were written by Stefano Zacchiroli in 2010 when he was DPL, he
added the hardware guidelines in 2012 and since then only very minor
edits have been made by non-DPL folks.

Are there any expenditure requests you have approved that would not fit
into the categories listed on the existing expenditure guidelines?

What changes to the existing expenditure guidelines would you make?

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise