Quoting Luca Boccassi (2024-06-12 15:27:36)
> On Wed, 12 Jun 2024 at 14:15, Jonas Smedegaard <jo...@jones.dk> wrote:
> > You apparently find it equally sensible, specifically as a security
> > measure, a) apply ACLs on an otherwise massively multi-user-write-access
> > host and b) use a separate far-less-featured host.
> >
> > You claim that both setups have equal vulnerabilities.
>
> No, I claim they have different sets of vulnerabilities, disadvantages
> and advantages, and that both can provide the required feature:
> disallow force pushes/deleting tags. The hardest thing with security
> is that it requires a constant, ongoing effort, that will never end,
> and will only get harder. A widely used software like Gitlab is better
> for this, as is a widely used kernel like Linux. Or are you suggesting
> such a server should run on Hurd, given it's far-less-featured and
> thus has a much smaller attack surface than Linux?

No, I am not suggesting the use of the Hurd here, and I am having a hard
time assuming good faith with the potential undertones of that question.

To answer your convoluted question, I am suggesting that Salsa and
tag2upload has very different needs (multi-user write versus multi-user
append-only, drastically simplified), and consequently to not argue that
reuse of Salsa for hosting tag2upload is a security benefit.

> > I disagree. I think you are mistaken - and no, it is totally
> > irrelevant for this accusation whether or not I am a fan of Salsa,
> > and whether or not I represent a loud or silent minority or majority.
> > This is not about me.
>
> And I think it is very much relevant, given the obvious end goal of
> some individuals is to kill Salsa, which this proposal - as it stands
> - would facilitate.

Ok, since you insist that it is relevant: Please provide proof to support
your claims that a) some "silent minority" exists in Debian aiming to
"kill Salsa", and b) I belong to said group, and c) it is "very much
relevant" here that I belong to that group.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones