Ansgar 🙀 writes ("Re: [RFC] General Resolution to deploy tag2upload"):
> On Thu, 2024-06-13 at 05:58 +0800, Sean Whitton wrote:
> >   tag2upload already supports most existing workflows (including the one
> >   you yourself prefer, where only debian/ is committed to git).
>
> How does this work? Does the builder run the `get-orig-source` target
> in debian/rules?

No.  The git commitid of the upstream source is named in the tag
generated by git-debpush.  (So that upstream git branch has to be in
your git repo somewhere - just not in your branch.)  The t2u server
will use that (ultimately, via git-archive).

If you want to use actual *tarballs* from upstream, then (as per the
other subthread about pristine-tar): currently that's not implemented.
But it could be, via pristine-tar.  But it's true that tag2upload fits
best into a fully-git-based workflow, where we base our work on just
the upstream git and ignore any tarballs they may produce.

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.