Hi,

On Fri, 2024-06-14 at 14:25 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I think that some of the posts on this thread are exactly backwards in
> their understanding of human motivation.Β  Blocking someone's work from
> being used until it's done the way that you would have done it yourself is
> not motivating, it's horribly demotivating.Β  Seeing your work deployed
> live and actively used by Debian does not eliminate the motivation to make
> any further changes; rather, it increases the willingness to do further
> work drastically.

Okay, so we have to accept a path into the archive that is known to
accept malicious uploads that would have been rejected by dak so maybe
that path will be changed later? I don't see that happening given all
suggestions to change this have been rejected, even when fairly simple
to implement.

I find that demotivating.

Ansgar