As someone who has read every email in this chain, I have a couple of
recommendations.

1.  Clarify that the GR does not prevent future flexibility in changing the
tag2upload service
and does not give Sean Whitton, Ian Jackson, Jonathan McDowell, or Russ Allbery
perpetual
power to direct how it is implemented.  This was already discussed as the
intent, but I think
it should be clearer in the GR itself who has authority to implement and manage
tag2upload going forward.

My recommendation is that either, 1) the tag2upload service should come under
the
implementation and management umbrella of the ftpmasters delegation, or, 2) the
DPL
should create a new delegation to implement and manage the tag2upload service.
The
DPL might consider appointing one or more of the four people listed above as
either
ftpmasters or to the new delegation (assuming they are interested and willing).

For example, below is possible text for how this could be written into the GR.

BEGIN FORMAL RESOLUTION TEXT - POSSIBLE TEXT

tag2upload allows DDs and DMs to upload simply by using the
git-debpush(1) script to push a signed git tag.  Work has been done to
implement
tag2upload, but the ftpmasters have been reticent to integrate the service with
dak.

1. Under Constitution §4.1(3), we overrule the ftpmaster delegation’s decision:
The Debian
archive should be configured to accept and trust uploads from the tag2upload
service.

2. The implementation and maintenance of the tag2upload service may fall under
the
ftpmasters delegation or a new delegation at the DPL’s discretion.

3. Nothing in this resolution should be taken as requiring maintainers to use
tag2upload or
any particular git or salsa workflow.

END FORMAL RESOLUTION TEXT - POSSIBLE TEXT

2.  Once people have had time to suggest any other possible versions of the GR
and Sean
Whitton has settled on a final text, I would recommend we proceed to the formal
GR
process.  At this point, I don’t think there is much technical or other
discussion that is going
to happen on debian-vote that hasn’t already been covered.

--
Soren Stoutner
so...@debian.org