r...@debian.org wrote:

>My understanding is that the problem with this
>design from their perspective is that it requires a fat client on the
>uploader's system, and whole point of tag2upload is to stop requiring a
>fat client on the uploader's system.  In particular, it requires all the
>code to reconstruct the source package from a Git tree be installed
>locally, which is basically a full dgit implementation.
Does it? What if both the tag2upload client and server implemented
instead some very simple serialization and canonicalization algorithm
over the source package?
I am thinking about hashing something like a sorted list of
(file name, file hash) tuples.

(Still, I would be happy to use the current implementation of
tag2upload.)

--
ciao,
Marco