On Jun 17, Sven Mueller <s...@incase.de> wrote:

>    1) because it is the job of FTPmaster to authenticate and authorize the
>    uploader (and Joerg sees that as "human uploader", which I somewhat agree
>    with)
If this were the actual issue then the ftpmasters could just run the
tag2upload server themselves (which I think would make sense).

>    2) because Joerg wants third parties to be able to verify the signature of
>    the human uploader without the need for Debian specific tools.
Yes, I understand what he wants. But again, it is not obvious why we
should share this desire.

>    There is another aspect he mentioned: he thinks the uploader needs to test
>    the build of the package. (I'm theory I agree, but there are situations
Everybody can upload totally untested packages even without tag2upload:
maybe tag2upload would make this marginally easier, but then I do not
believe that this is a compelling enough argument to offset the benefits
of a tag2upload-like service.

--
ciao,
Marco