On 17.06.24 07:40, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
Please excuse my naiveté, but how do you actually know that your package "works" with the tag2upload workflow if you're not building anything locally before pushing?

When I change the Upstream sources without touching the packaging (security, rc1>rc2, etc.) I might run "make" locally, just to be sure my patch is peachy. I then "git commit" and push the (minimal) result. I'm not going to run the whole "assemble and compress the source package just to throw it away" kaboodle if I can possibly help it.

Also, when I'm on a wonky Internet connection (like a train, or rural Germany (don't ask … *sigh*)) pushing an incremental git tag takes up a lot less bandwidth, hence has more chance of succeeding, than uploading a tarball.

--
-- regards