Simon McVittie writes ("Re: Summary of the current state of the tag2upload
discussion"):
> I believe tag2upload supports all of the source tree layouts that dgit
> does, and I regularly upload gbp-pq-based packages with `dgit push-source`,
> which works fine.

This is correct. [1]

Ian.

[1] tag2upload doesn't (yet) support all the possible orig tarball
handling approaches. [2]  For new Debian *revisions* this doesn't
matter, since t2u uses the existing orig.  For a new upstream version,
t2u doesn't yet support (for example) pristine-tar.

[2] dgit doesn't handle orig generation; for a new upstream version it
requires you have the proper orig already.

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.

Pronouns: they/he.  If I emailed you from @fyvzl.net or @evade.org.uk,
that is a private address which bypasses my fierce spamfilter.