Hi,

On 6/24/24 10:19, Marco d'Itri wrote:

I think we have seen and still see with usrmerge how difficult and cumbersome
the resolution of an initially as simple presented project turned out. I
understand the answer of Scott directed in that way, at least this is a
reservation of mine.

For the record, usrmerge became difficult and cumbersome because
non-technical reasons prevented implementing the simple solution in
dpkg.

To correct the record, no such "simple solution in dpkg" ever existed.

This keeps getting asserted, yet I cannot find any patch being proposed in the Debian BTS or on the debian-dpkg mailing list.

   Simon