Hi folks,

answering to some "random" mail in this thread since I do not manage to
follow everything.  My pragmatic thought when browsing my malbox is that
I'm honestly wondering how many source packages the contributors in this
thread could have created manually in the time that was used to write
those emails.  Its possibly the price we have to pay for some progress.

IMHO we should make really sure the return of (time-) investment should
be less than 10 years.  So what about a short-cut in this discussion?

Am Sun, Jun 23, 2024 at 10:16:38AM -0700 schrieb Russ Allbery:
> So far as I know, no one in this discussion has ever asked for the FTP
> team to deploy tag2upload.  The only hard request of the FTP team is to
> not block uploads made with it.  If the FTP team refuses to do any work
> whatsoever on anything related to tag2upload, it is still possible to
> deploy it (with some assistance from other teams such as DSA, of course).

I would really love to see some mails / logs of discussion between
tag2upload developers and ftpmaster team.  Is there any chance that we
could bring the involved parties in one (virtual) room and discuss the
thing directly?  I'd love to serve as moderator in this room (with my
DPL hat on).

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--