On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 07:50:11PM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Shared library packages carry part of the soname in their names so that
> multiple versions can be installed simultaneously.  This does not seem
> to be the case here as 3 is not related to the soname.  In the event that
> the mesa version number is bumped without the ABI changing, you risk
> either being inconsistent or changing the package name gratuitously.

Hmm, that's the most persuasive argument I've heard yet.

(Michel will probably said that he's made it already; maybe you were
just more efficient in expressing it.)  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     complicated way only to be able to