On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:56:02PM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:47:52PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>
>  > Definitively, this improved the situation, but it still fails on
>  > alpha with :
>  >
>  > Error on dynamically loaded library: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGLU.so.1:
>  > symbol __gxx_personality_v0, version CXXABI_1.2 not defined in file
>  > libstdc++.so.5 with link time reference
>  >
>  > Anyway, i think i should fill a bug report about this.
>
>  I am *extremely* curious.  Can you try building with the mesa packages
>  instead of the xfree86 packages?  They are linked differently,
>  shouldn't make a difference, but, if it does, it might help Branden
>  narrow the problem down (or myself become aware of the problems).

Well, as said, it works fine on either my box and voltaire (ppc), i will
need to try on an alpha box though, and see what happens.

Notice that i think i also got this message on my home box when i
force-removed xlibmesa3-glu, but this should not be a problem now on the
autobuilders, since i added a dependency to xlibmesa3-glu|libglu.

That said, since the problem only appear on the autobuilders, i need to
upload a package, and look at the logs to see what went wrong.

I uploaded lablgl 0.99-4.1 with a dpkg -l in the debian/rules to notice
it did not have the xlibmesa3-glu package installed.

>  Other than that, is the build log available on buildd.d.o?  I'd like to
>  take a peek (or mail it to me if this is a local compile).

Sure, here they are :

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=lablgl&ver=0.99-5&arch=powerpc&stamp=1045139798&file=log&as=raw

0.99-3 and 0.99-4 are the failed attempts, 0.99-4.1 are the one with the
dpkg -l output, and 0.99-5 is the new one with the added
build-dependencies.

Notice that mips and ia64 do not build, but this is normal since there
is not yet a xfree86 with a separate libglu package for these arches.
Maybe i should build depend on xlibmesa-glu-dev | libglu-dev |
xlibmesa-gl-dev (<<4.2.1-3) or whenever the glu libraries got separated
?

Friendly,

Sven Luther