On Κυρ 27 Ιουν 2004 09:21, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > [Christian Perrier]
> >
> > > As a way to circumvent this, I propose that we pre-seed
> > > xserver-xfree86 settings about keyboard, mostly
> > > "xserver-xfree86/config/inputdevice/keyboard/model" and
> > > "xserver-xfree86/config/inputdevice/keyboard/layout" with
> > > appropriate values, depending on the chosen keyboard layout
> > > during the kbd-chooser step in d-i.
> >
> > Konstantinos Margaritis is working on packaging the debian-edu
> > tool to do this.  It is currently called
> > locale-config-skolelinux, but will probably be renamed before it
> > is uploaded.
> >
> > The package is available from
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/skolelinux/dists/woody/local/binary-
> >i386/non-official/>.
>
> Ah, this is fine, then. Konstantinos can you give details about
> this?

Ok, I started tidying up the package, basically it doesn't really need
much tidying up (Petter has done a good job :-), but here are my
comments:

* package has been renamed to localization-config as discussed with
Petter in debconf.
* of all the conffiles.d, we only need xfree86-kbd, and probably
kde(but updated for kde 3)
* ispell needs to be updated to new versions which are (I think)
debconf base
* maybe add gnome configurations (but I have very little gnome
experience)
* we don't really need locale and timezone (as these are handled by
debian-installer)
* we also don't need to configure links and ktouch (as these are
optional packages and not debconf based), ltsp-xfree86-kbd (as it's
skolelinux specific) and opera6 (not available in debian itself)

* If we decide to update kde as well, then we have to either:
a) make kde configurable by debconf, or
b) split the package into 2 subpackages, one to be called before X
configuration (thus pre-seeding debconf values) and one after
(finishing up KDE configuration).
I don't really like any of these solutions, but I would go for one I'd
go for the first. As it is, KDE 3 does quite a good job of detecting
the default locale after a first installation (there is only a
problem with the default X dpi and fonts resolution), but I only
tested this for Greek. So, perhaps we could just skip KDE configuring
as well. So that leaves us with just XFree86 and (possibly) ispell
preseeding.
Thoughts?

Konstantinos