On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Andres Cimmarusti
<acimmaru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a similar card (also the xpress 200m), I will try to reproduce this
> bug. However, Rodrigo's Xorg0.log shows all these warnings and errors.
>
> (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
>
> (II) RADEON(0): XAA Render acceleration unsupported on Radeon 9500/9700 and
> newer. Please use EXA instead.
> (II) RADEON(0): Render acceleration disabled
>
> [355167.718141] [drm] Loading R300 Microcode
> [355167.818662] [drm:radeon_do_init_cp] *ERROR* Failed to load firmware!
>

> Perhaps these need to be addressed to fix your other issue. Please install
> libdrm-radeon1, firmaware-linux, firmware-linux-nonfree. Also use EXA in
> your xorg.conf
>
> For example:
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>
>       Identifier      "Default Layout"
>       Screen          "Default Screen"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>       Identifier      "ATI Radeon Xpress 200M"
>       Driver          "radeon"
>
>       BusID           "PCI:1:5:0"
>       Option          "AccelMethod"           "EXA"
>       Option          "AccelDFS"              "1"
>       Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "1"
>       Option          "Monitor-LVDS"          "Internal Monitor"
>
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>       Identifier      "Internal Monitor"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>       Identifier      "Default Screen"
>       Device          "ATI Radeon Xpress 200M"
>
>       Monitor         "Internal Monitor"
>       DefaultDepth    24
>       SubSection "Display"
>               Depth   24
>               Virtual 2560 1824
>       EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> Please report back!
>
> Andres

Hi, I did the changes proposed, and now the laptop has microcode,
direct rendering and EXA acceleration.

Since then, the dim issue did not happen again.

But today I had a system freeze while the display was locked;
completely frozen; not responding to any key.

--
Rodrigo