OK Scott,

Looking at the two example lines below, what would be the difference.
Obviously, they are weighted different (5 and 8), but what is the default
setting for the HEUR test.  (As opposed to 10 for the HEUR10 test.)

I have added both of these lines to watch what gets tripped, but I don't
really see a ryme or reason.

(I did have to bump the weight on HEUR10 down to 5 because it was putting a
couple mailing lists just over the top.  Not a complaint, just an
observation.)

> The heuristics tests have never been officially released from beta, mostly
> because there are a number of false positives on mailing lists.  However,
> it can work well with the weighting system, so it may come back to life.
>
> To use them, you need to define the test in the \IMail\Declude\global.cfg
> file, like this:
>
>          HEUR            heuristics      x       x       5       0
>
> or:
>
>          HEUR10          heuristics      10      x       8       0
>
> The "10" there is a "spaminess" level, from 1 to 10, where 1 is "almost
> certainly not spam" and 10 is "almost certainly spam".
>
> Then, you need to determine the action to take (IE "HEUR10 WARN"), or you
> can just have it count towards the weighting system.
>                                  -Scott

Thanks,
David

David Fletcher