>What about a JavaScript test? There's something that should not be in
>non-spam email. Or an ActiveX control detection. Both of these are big clues
>that it is spam.

This is something that we are considering testing for (along with base64
encoding of text or HTML segments, which is normally only used to try to
bypass content-based scanning).  Declude Virus Pro already looks for some
of that, in determining whether or not HTML code may be dangerous.  So it
may not be too difficult to implement.

site at http://www.declude.com .