From: R. Scott Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 2:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Spam Review kill.lst problem question

>Tom, how about using:
>
>XINHEADER  X-SenderIP: [%REMOTEIP%]
>
>since isn't is really the remote IP address that we are looking for, and
not
>necessarily the e-mail address?  Or am I confused.  What are we looking for
>here, the original sending mail servers IP address or something else?

There are two different things that IMail can use to stop an E-mail before
it arrives.

One is the "Kill List", which works on the return address (the %MAILFROM%
variable, that is in the X-Declude-Sender: header when the XSENDER option
is used in Declude JunkMail).  This is an E-mail address (and sometimes
different than the From: or Reply-To: addresses).

The other is the "Control Access" file, which blocks E-mail based on the IP
address.  However, the format of this file is undocumented and risky to
edit unless Ipswitch releases the details of the file.  That's the one that
the %REMOTEIP% could be useful in, if it were possible to automatically add
to the Control Access file.

site at http://www.declude.com .

---
[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Pointshare's Virus Scanning Service]

site at http://www.declude.com .