-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jim Rooth
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 1:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: DORKZTL:RE: [Declude.JunkMail] What Action Do you take?

One of the neat things about Declude is it doesn't let the idiot on the
other end know you deleted his spam.  If he did, there are those who sit
up until the wee hours trying to get around a program "just cuz he can".

I personally have a huge myfilter.txt file (over 1800 entries) and I
have anything set to 35 or higher is lost in the cyber world.  Anything
over 25 but less than 34 is set to WARN and anything less is sent
without recourse.

Because of the file I have, I get some Weight values over 100!  And I
have yet to see one of them over forty that doesn't look like spam.  I
am sure I am losing a few but I know I am stopping a bunch.  The numbers
a few minutes ago were 33010 emails and 24783 spam.  This is not a large
amount of emails seeing as how I have not reset for 8 days.

If anyone wants a copy of the myfilter.txt that I use, I would be glad
to share.  I would warn all first though...there are things I look for
that may not be prudent for your clients.  The myfilter.txt file has to
be set for each individual server.  I have found that it is a lot easier
removing things that are not germane that gong through tons of spam and
trying to find things that are.  My file has been compiled from several
other's list.

Oh yes, it also makes my decXXXX.log bigger.  I run around a 2.5 to 3
meg file a day.

After reading every post for a month I have tried to incorporate other's
ideas into my global.cfg and myfilter.txt.

Hope this helps and doe not confuse.

Jim Rooth
Klotron, Inc.