<<<<<I purchased the Pro version, and aside from entering my code, I left
config files as-is.  What is the recommended strategy to start using the
product effectively?>>>>>>

I've been using JunkMail for about a week now. What I discovered was the
weight20 caught a ton of spam and no legit email.

So, the way I have mine set up, at least for now, is I send everything that
fails the weight20 test to the spam folder (HOLD action) and I asked several
of my users, including the MIS dept. and a few others that were complaining
about how much spam they received, to be my guinnea pigs. I configured these
individual user accounts to SUBJECT for the badheaders, spamheaders, spamcop
and weight10. I have asked my test users to forward me spam that isnt
flagged that really is spam, and legitimate email that has been flagged as
spam. Everything else I have left with the default WARN setting.

My company is relatively small, 300 users, so I have just been monitoring
the spam folder and checking out the decxxxx.log everyday to see what is
being flagged and making sure email getting sent to the spam folder really
is spam.

I plan on doing this for awhile longer till I get a better feel for what is
being flagged. I realize that if your user group is large, this is probably
not practical, but it's worked great for me so far.

Once I see which legitimate mail is accidently getting flagged, I can adjust
my configuration to be a bit more aggressive.

This is a great product!!!!!

Sharyn

We are the worldwide producer and marketer of the award winning Cruzan
Single Barrel Rum, judged "Best in the World" at the annual
San Francisco Wine and Spirits Championships, and the
artisan tequilas of Porfidio 100% Agave Tequilas, judged "Best
Tequila" four years running by the Wine Enthusiast magazine. For
more information, please click (go to) <html><a
href="http://www.cruzanrums.com";>http://</a><a
href="http://www.cruzanrums";>www.cruzanrums.com</a></html>