-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Todd Ryan
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 12:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Per User - Alias Account

Scott,

I had a situation where there was an alias that pointed to another alias.
We did this because we wanted two aliases pointing to a group of about 5
addresses.  And we did not want or need the overhead of a list.  Nor did we
want to have to edit both aliases every time the group changed (it changes a
lot!).

I found that in this case, the junkmail settings for the actual user
accounts did not work.  My assumption was that JunkMail resolved the first
alias and assumed the second one was the name of a user account.  And since
there was no .junkmail file by that name, it used the default settings.  Is
this what was going on?  We ended up making two duplicate aliases with
different names to get the users' junkmail settings to work.  But now we
have to do frequent updates to both aliases.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks.

--Todd.