Last month our single Imail server running Declude AV and JM did 3,427,511
mails...roughly 76.8 emails a minute (about 13,000 a/cs). Our CPU load is
small. However when you run JM you will be doing a heck of a lot of DNS
queries. Scott could the delay on a slow link for all these queries pull the
email delivery back by as much as an hour?
It's very unlikely that the delay of a slow link would cause an hour delay on E-mail. DNS lookups often do take a long time to come back, even on a fast link (as some misconfigured DNS servers will drop packets, and there is no way to detect that until a timeout occurs). Even on an old 14.4Kbps modem, the delay due to DNS traffic shouldn't be more than a second or so per E-mail processed (versus perhaps about 5 seconds to transfer the E-mail).