Hi Scott,

Thanks, our clients are entering the server IP  address to the right of the @
for some reason.  Am I correct in understanding that this is the critical part
of the message-id field?

Burzin

At 01:56 PM 11/06/2002 -0500, you wrote:

http://www.declude.com/JunkMail/tests.htm list spam tests.
That does include some of the tests, but the "real" information appears in the manual, as well as http://www.declude.com/junkmail/support/ip4r.htm (for the public tests).

Where can I go for more information on badheaders
The BADHEADERS test is explained in the manual.

 and specifically broken email clients?
What do you mean? A broken E-mail client is one that is broken, does not work. In most cases, it's because the mail client is not RFC-compliant.

I've noticed that much of the mail sent thoughout
my organization has a bad header and is often from a broken email client.
The BADHEADERS test detects spam-like headers that are not RFC-compliant and are never sent by legitimate mail clients that are working properly.

If you give an example of the headers of one of these E-mails, I can let you know what the problem is (or, you can look up the code at the BADHEADERS Lookup tool at http://www.declude.com/tools ).

------
Burzin Sumariwalla Phone: (314) 994-9411 x291
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Fax: (314) 997-7602
Pager: (314) 407-3345

Networking and Telecommunications Manager
Information Technology Services
St. Louis County Library District
1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131