The Message Sniffer rule base already has a number of patterns like
these (I recognize kara) based on common address patterns that are being
used in spam - these seem to be very effictive and are not likely to
cause false posiive (none reported so far). We've also begun adding
patterns to near-random domains used by many heavy spam houses.

Between that and the ability to customize the rules for each system we
should be able to help a lot. You should give the free demo a try and
see how much it helps.

_M

[EMAIL PROTECTED],
>or some variant like
><mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>these addresses are from the Xdeclude sender field in the headers.  Is
>there a way (or will there be) a way to add an address like this to a
>black list in the format <mailto:kara*@hotmail.com>kara*@hotmail.com so

>all variants of this will be caught?  I understand that a legitimate
user
>may have a hotmail address that begins with kara, but I'm willing to
>chance that.  I can't think of any other way to stop these - the body
of
>the e-mail didn't have anything I could really filter on.

No, there isn't any way to do that, as it would require special
processing
(rather than exact string matches).  There have been a number of
requests
for enhanced filters (such as the ability to use wildcards or regexp),
so
it is possible that a future release would allow for that.

unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type
"unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
http://www.mail-archive.com.