One question...if we buy JunkMail standard now and decide in a few months we
would like to broaden our horizons to JunkMail Pro, can we just pay the
difference to get upgraded to the new software?  Or do we have to decide on
JunkMail Pro now?

If you choose to buy the Standard version now, you can upgrade at any time later for just the difference in price between the two versions.