From: R. Scott Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 5:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] HiJack Not Working ?

>We've got a locked down public Imail server where anyone can register
>for
>a free email, but all users have to authenticate before relaying mail.
>
>We've also got Declude with HiJack in order to stop spammers from using
>our system
>
>But somehow we've got registered users sending hundreds of messages
>through us and bypassing HiJack.
>
>Why isn't the email being trapped by HiJack?

The first thing to do is make sure that Declude Hijack is running (you
can
type "\IMail\Declude -diag", *without* making any changes, and you
should
see a line "Declude Hijack Status: Registered").

Next, you would want to check your \IMail\Declude\hijack.cfg file to
make
sure that the settings are reasonable (the default settings are
"RELAYTHRESHOLD1      10      20" and "RELAYTHRESHOLD2        30
80",
which allow up to 80 E-mails to be sent within 30 minutes).

Finally, you would check the Declude Hijack log file to see what it says

about the E-mails.

unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type
"unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
http://www.mail-archive.com.
---
[This E-mail was scanned for Viruses and Spam by Richmond.com]