When I see the following in a message header:

Do I assume that this means the message failed the filter on line 294 of my wordfilter file?

That is correct.

I am seeing multiple messages fail wordfilter, showing line 294, however the contents of my wordfilter file's line 294 appears nowhere in the message. Just in case, I checked lines 293 and 295 as well, with no luck.

Does line 294 have any high bit characters in it? If so, you should upgrade to v1.70, which allows high bit characters (otherwise, they will terminate the line).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.