Please forgive my ignorance here ~

I have noticed that when I send e-mail from outlook 2000 that the nat'ed IP
of my T1 provider shows up and it does not have a reverse DNS.

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:55:52 -0400

I asked my ISP to provide reverse DNS entries for my block of IP's and they
replied:

If you want us to create the DNS records, you need to tell us
which IP points to which fully-qualified hostnames.  These hostnames
need to match actual forward DNS record too.

Are they right do I need FQDNs for all my IPs? I am currently only using
these IPs for internet access, should I pop a Linux box here and make
entries myself?

Also, I didn't even know that Outlook would use the Nat'ed IP. I always
assumed that when we send mail out through our server that it would be the
server's IP that was sent in the e-mail, not the current internet
connections.

Thanks - Marc