> I understand but there are far too many changes between releases and
> many interim releases between betas. Beta is usually a set of features
> and fixes and then a release. With Declude there are new features with
> every beta. Freeze something and release it.

I have to agree with David

FWIW, the reason we use this unusual beta cycle (where each beta normally both adds new features and fixes bugs, rather than having an initial beta with tons of new features and subsequent betas just fixing bugs) is because we're able to get more features in the product more quickly this way.

With a more traditional beta cycle, you might see a new release followed by a beta with new features 4 months later, followed by 2 months of bug-fixing betas. That means waiting 4 months for new features (and fixes, unless patches are created for older versions, which gets tricky), and then a 2-month code freeze. With our system, though, there are times that we've added a new feature within hours of it being requested, and have an interim release ready for people to use.

Our system does have its drawbacks, however, as several people have pointed out (the main one being "information overload" -- lots of new features, but no one easily accessible location for information on them).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.