-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 11:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] More and more email getting past Declude

>I doubt it's a setup issue because I'm using the same setup that I've used
>for a year now. Also I am not the only one receiving more spam.. All of my
>users are as well...

So in the past year, you haven't added/removed any gateways or backup
mailservers, haven't changed IPs for DNS servers, haven't had a DNS server
changed to be authoritative only, etc.?

Note that a configuration change that causes problems will usually be
noticeable by all users of the server.

>   (SMTPD32-6.06) id A91816D01A4; Tue, 02 Sep 2003 08:12:08 -0400

Given that this is sent from an IP that has a reverse DNS entry that
matches the HELO/EHLO, and that it has an obvious domain name
("advertisingbymail.com"), by first guess is that it is:

>[2] "quasi-legitimate E-mail" (for example, E-mail that you get after
>giving your E-mail address to a company but forgetting to uncheck the box
>that says "It's OK to give my E-mail address to your affiliates" or
>whatever).

In this case, you'll need to do some work to block this type of E-mail.  In
this case, you may want to try a filter that blocks all E-mail with
"advertisingbymail.com" in the reverse DNS entry.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus Scanner on
mail.nfti.com]