It would appear that when using the FROM function in the per user
whitelistfile, we cannot use the straight E-mail address, but must copy the
FROM information out of the header of a received E-mail. That would mean
that unless a user has actually already received an e-mail from someone,
he/she might not know what to use in the filter, and generally speaking we
shouldn't depend on users knowing how to obtain information from the header.

Using the Declude spam test message we obtained the following:

This does not work:
FROM            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ANYWHERE        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This does work:
FROM            "WebMaster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you referring to the WHITELISTFILE option (which doesn't use FROM or ANYWHERE, and can work on a per-user/per-domain basis), or the WHITELIST option (which does use FROM and ANYWHERE, but is a global option)?

If you are using "WHITELIST FROM", any E-mail that is whitelisted by 'WHITELIST FROM "WebMaster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>' will also be whitelisted by 'WHITELIST FROM [EMAIL PROTECTED]'.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.