-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 02:30 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] MAILFROM catches too much now?

>Am I mistaken - or did the MAILFROM used to permit EITHER an MX OR an A
>record?
>
>Suddenly, I see LOTS of mail being held, because of mailfrom failures:

What is in the "X-Declude-Sender:" header (that's the one that Declude
looks at)?  I just tested here with 1.76, and the MAILFROM test is not
triggered on @vm.marist.edu addresses.

vm.marist.edu doesn't have an MX record, which is a serious problem
(especially now that many people are talking about no longer sending mail
to servers with no MX record), but that shouldn't by itself trigger the
test (unless you use "envfromstrict", but you should know if you are using
that).

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.

http://www.mail-archive.com.