Just one minor clarification:  VeriSign does not control the root servers, only the
.com and .net TLDs that the root servers refer to.

Bill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Tolmachoff (Lists)
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 11:31 AM
  Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] VeriSteal is stealing traffic from your domain.

  Problem1. If the AD domain is called 123exampleforme.com, and someone registers that
on the internet, you are now according to ICANNA regulations illegally using a
registered name.

  Problem 2. If you do not have forwarders properly configured in the DNS server that
is used, you are querring the root servers, which are controlled by Verisign.
Therefore, you are subject to that control.

  This is way it is always recommended that if you are going to use a unregistered
domain name in AD, you use a fake TLD, such as .moc or .abc or .mine or such AND have
forwarders properly configured.

  John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

  Engineer/Consultant

  eServices For You