From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Schmidt
Sent:
Monday, September 22, 2003 12:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] OT: VerySinn disrupts LAN traffic

There are reports of people's printers that stopped working. Essentially, TCP/IP connected printers on a local LAN set up by an ignorant network "admin" with an invalid domain name, connected to a local print server.  Somehow, the workstations FIRST did a lookup by the (invalid) host/domain name - and would get a negative response from the external DNS.  Then they would do internal name resolution and the printer could be found.

After VerySinn's move, the external resolution now points to VerySinn - and the result is a printer failure in a local LAN.

The point is, who knows how many things relied on the proper "not found" response to domain lookups - that are now broken and someone will waste time trying to figure out what changed.

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

H&M Systems Software, Inc.
600 East Crescent Avenue, Suite 203