From: Paul Navarre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 10:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Backup MX / Spam

************
You could write a filter that searches the headers for your backup server's
IP address.

HEADERS   3   CONTAINS   x.x.x.x

Matt
************

The problem with this is if your primary does go down (rebooting for a patch
for example), these
points will be added to *all* email until your primary is back up.

I posted just a few days ago asking if it was possible for Declude to check
that primary was
functional. If so, there could be a test that would add points for any mail
sent to the secondary
when the primary is functional. I realize that this would require a new
version of Declude, but I
think it could be really worthwhile. Nobody responded to my last post, so I
wasn't sure if there is
some reason why this wouldn't work or would be too difficult.

Paul Navarre