I would definitely suspect the memory. Since you are saying the problem is
happening with the old memory, disconnect everything but the CPU. (Maybe do
that too.) Then reconnect all firmly. On the memory sticks, LIGHTLY wipe a
CLEAN pencil eraser across the contact strips.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You