Our experience with Diskeeper on a very busy machine is quite honestly,
no.  Diskeeper needs disk I/O cycles to do its work and must steal them
from other processes.  Unfortunately, IMail is also disk intensive,
creating massive contention for drive resources.

Suggestion: DO NOT use "Smart Scheduling" mode on a server as it may
start at any time without regard to high load time segments.

Do you have a window when the server is less loaded?  Perhaps 3-5am?
That is our window for virus scans, backups and diskeeper defrags (every
night) on all our servers.  Our activity is light during this window and
the impact to our customers is negligible.

Todd Holt
Xidix Technologies, Inc
Las Vegas, NV  USA
www.xidix.com