-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Tolmachoff
(Lists)
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 6:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Imail - DecludeJunkmail/Virus Gateway

With the information you have given, I would go with the one of the 2
following:

Note, it would be much better to use hardware RAID, but since you only
have
max 3 drives, I would use software. Even though you said redundancy is
not
an issue, you do get a slight performance boost using RAID 1 over no
RAID.

Configuration 1 using software RAID:

Disk 0 Partition 1 RAID1 with Disk 1 Partition 1 14 GB OS, Imail and
Declude
Disk 0 Partition 2 No RAID 3 GB Page file 1
Disk 0 Partition 3 RAID1 with Disk 2 Partition 1 17 GB Imail Spool
Disk 1 Partition 1 RAID1 with Disk 0 Partition 1 14 GB OS, Imail and
Declude
Disk 1 Partition 2 No RAID 3 GB Page file 2
Disk 1 Partition 3 Raid1 with Disk 2 Partition 2 17 GB Log Files
Disk 2 Partition 1 RAID1 with Disk 0 Partition 3 17 GB Imail Spool
Disk 2 Partition 2 RAID1 with Disk 1 Partition 2 17 GB Log files

Configuration 2 using hardware RAID:

Disk 0 and Disk 1 RAID1 by hardware.
Partition 1 14 GB OS, Imail and Declude
Partition 2 5 GB Page file