Kevin,

Two very important things here. The scammers are using BONDEDSENDER IP's, forged in the headers, in order to fool your system into passing this. You are clearly scanning on multiple hops, and any whitelist RBL that you are using need to be limited to the last hop only, i.e.

BONDEDSENDER(DYNA)
AHBLEXEMPT(DYNA)

The naming convention will cause Declude to skip all but the last hop so that this won't happen. I've seen this before.

Scott, it might be nice to add a column to the definitions of these tests so that we can specify how many hops they will work on instead of relying on a naming convention. It also would be nice in some cases to have a way to define what hop to start scanning on, in the event that you want to score hits on the last hop, and hits on previous hops differently...maybe another column.

Another note to Kevin...I dumped AHBLEXEMPT fairly quickly because they have a good number of ISP mail servers listed, and as things stand, there is an increasing amount of spam that is being forwarded through such mail servers from zombies, which are challenging enough to detect without giving them extra credit. There are of course issues with BONDEDSENDER as well, but I won't rehash this except to say that you should review your scoring of them at a minimum.

Matt

Kevin Bilbee wrote:

Here is the header and source information.

Kevin