From: Matt
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 11:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Comcast Update

If my memory serves me right, there was a little more than 14,000 mail hosts identified in SenderBase for comcast.net exactly one month ago.  Guess what...

    http://www.senderbase.org/search?searchString=comcast.net

I believe that says 26,217, over a 90% increase in the last month.

That's not really all that fair because of the virus storm and propagation can set off SenderBase.  They still though have many, many customers recording rates suggestive of up to 1 million messages a day.

Road Runner (rr.com) is actually up about 130% in the same period, but I think that just goes to show you that they were working harder to begin with and RR customers are just as foolish as Comcast customers are when it comes to executing viruses.

Matt

Colbeck, Andrew wrote:
So far, it's bull.  After 1 week, my logs show no reduction in junk traffic
from ComCast reverse DNS addresses.

Andrew 8)