----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry Vanderzand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> But I do have instances of declude process staying alive and they do not
get
> released unless I reboot!
>
> That is my issue.
>
> After I reboot I run an update script to copy an new release.
>
> My concern is these instances that accumulate.
>
> After a week or so there are about 5 -6 instances that do not get released

If these instances are really not releasing after, at max, a few minutes,
then you really do have a problem and will probably want to contact Declude
support.  You can always kill these instances via Task Manager on the
"Processes" tab, or from a command prompt using a couple of Resource Kit
files like "tlist" & "kill".

Issuing tlist will list all running processes and their process IDs.  Then
you can kill these persistent declude processes like so:  kill -f xxxx
(where xxxx is the process ID number).

You can also replace the declude.exe file, even with active declude
processes running, by renaming the current declude.exe file first.  I run a
simple script like the following anytime I update Declude to a new release:
=====
m:
wget www.declude.com/version/interim/declude.exe
rename m:\imail\declude.exe declude.v1.79i6
move m:\declude.exe m:\imail
m:\imail\declude
=====

Once the file is downloaded, it takes less than a second to rename and copy
the new file into place.  The last line of the script will simply present
the Declude version details to the screen to confirm that you are running
the new version.  If you want more detail, you can change the last line to
read:

m:\imail\declude -diag

Bill