Standing by the sidelines here trying to keep up with this interesting
thread and actually have some extra time to chime in. I am very concerned
about installing this upgrade with the false positives being reported, dlls
and uninstall bug reported, etc. Will Declude be addressing these issues and
providing more information, what the install specifically does...

That's what I am working on. As for the install, it has you register on our website (if you have not done so yet), and adds a line to the global.cfg file. The install program was really designed for non-techies.

... suggested configurations concerning false postitives, warnings, ?

We're working on that. The beta period was unfortunately short and not as widespread as it should have been.

I do believe this can be a valuable feature of Declude and like the concept.

Agreed.

We do something similar via BlackIce firewall we have used for years as an
extra layer of security. Over the last year we modifying the issue list file
relating to virus signatures blocking IP's for 24 hours when detected. When
the 24 hour block expires and upon the next connect from the IP with no
virus signature detected the IP is no longer blocked.

The difference here is that the test is designed to block spam from hijacked computers, rather than block viruses, so the IPs need to be in the database for quite some time.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.