Hi,

I know that the answer to this question is a big "it depends" but I am
trying to get a feel if I have the server mostly configured correctly or
am I missing things.

I have a 1.4 GHz Celeron CPU with 512MB RAM and a RAID 1 hard drive
system. We are pushing the CPU to 100% and close to 100% a lot of the
time during core business hours. Declude log files report that we are
processing 12 to 15 thousand messages a day. Based on a quick script I
created I am seeing some hours where we are dealing with 2000 messages
in that hour. I have also looked at Task Manager and at times I see 20
to 25 Declude processes running concurrently.

I have a number of BODY search filters that I am skipping if a bypass
filter was triggered (for things like PDF attachments etc). I also have
two AV scanners F-Prot and McAfee.

So the question is: With this setup should I be able to a lot more
messages per hour/day or am I lucky that I am doing as many as I am.

I would appreciate any thoughts/speculation etc

Thanx

     Goran Jovanovic
     The LAN Shoppe