-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Dodell
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 06:28 PM
To: Scott Fisher
Subject: Re[2]: [Declude.JunkMail] SPF Records and Off-Network Customers

Sunday, September 12, 2004, 8:19:43 AM, Scott Fisher wrote:

> I'm concerned with all the port 25 blocking and people being forced to
> use the ISP mail servers, how is SPF is going to adapt to that?

I see this as being a major problem ... the customer I spoke about when
starting this thread has been having continued problem.

I even spoke to a Level 2 Tech at Cablevision today, and couldn't get
it through his head about the SPF records.   I asked him straight out
if there was a list of their outbound SMTP servers I could get so I
could include their IP numbers in my customers SPF records.   The
answer was no, they would not disclose it  (which I more take to mean
he didn't know).   When I asked if there was a NOC or Level 3 I could
talk to, I was told that there was no other place he could refer me to.

The answer for my customer home ... upgrade to business class service and
they'll open port 25 for him.

He's not pleased.

http://www.mail-archive.com.