Hi,

I'm trying to better understand how JM scores weights.  I sent a test
message from one of our internal accounts to another, and it came out with a
spam weight of 5.  This was in the header:

I then went to the IMail logs, pulled the Q-number, and used that to look up
the processing in the Declude log.  Here is what Declude has to say:

10/18/2004 13:37:39 Q299209820080b72d L1 Message OK
10/18/2004 13:37:39 Q299209820080b72d Tests failed [weight=5]:
CMDSPACE=IGNORE IPNOTINMX=IGNORE NOLEGITCONTENT=IGNORE SPFFAIL=IGNORE
LOCALCMDSPACE=IGNORE WEIGHT5=SUBJECT WEIGHT5r=MAILBOX CATCHALLMAILS=IGNORE

Here are the relevant lines from global.cfg:

BADHEADERS badheaders x x 8 0
BASE64  base64  x x 4 0
CMDSPACE cmdspace x x 8 0
COMMENTS comments x x 7 0
HELOBOGUS helovalid x x 5 0
IPNOTINMX ipnotinmx x x 0 -3
MAILFROM        envfrom  x x 12 0
NOLEGITCONTENT nolegitcontent x x 0 -5
PERCENT  percent  x x 10 0
REVDNS  revdnsexists x x 4 0
ROUTING  spamrouting x x 2 0
SPAMHEADERS spamheaders x x 3 0
SPFPASS  spf      pass    x       -3      0
SPFFAIL  spf      fail    x       3       0

LOCALCMDSPACE   filter          D:\IMail\Declude\cmdspace.txt   x       0
0

And here is the text of the cmdspace.txt file:

SKIPIFWEIGHT   20
TESTSFAILED   END  NOTCONTAINS CMDSPACE
REMOTEIP       -6  CONTAINS 66.224.41
REMOTEIP       -6  CONTAINS 5.75.194.49
REMOTEIP       -6  CONTAINS 65.103.158.62

I should mention that we do have an SPF record for our primary domain name
(bcwebhost.net), but not for bednarzconsulting.com, and that we're using
IMail 7.15.  Can Scott or someone explain to me how the weight on this
message was calculated?

Thanks,

Ben
BC Web