----- Original Message -----
From: "Darin Cox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Because we see a lot of legitimate mail that fails HELO/EHLO, we cannot
> block on this alone.  You're extremely lucky if you've found that all
bogus
> HELOs are spam.  There's a thread in the IMail forum right now discussing
MS
> mail clients that send machine names without FQDN, and would thus fail the
> and MX lookup tests on the HELO.

I wish I had found that all bogus HELOs are spam, but no such luck.
However, I do think that there are some things that clearly point to a
message being spam, and the HELO that Kevin presented seems good enough to
me.  However, I do agree with you, that enabling the IMail check would not
be good - guess I just got a little carried away...  :-o  My gateway reject
rules are just a bit more stringent than that.

> Our first priority is to deliver all legitimate mail to our customers.
> Second is blocking spam and viruses.

Agreed.

Bill