David,

We do the same thing. One thing you can do is fake mail coming in. I use a batch file.

REM THIS WILL CLEAN OUT THE DECLUDE QUEUE

declude x:\imail\spool\Qa6da175e02447716.SMD
call x:\imail\cleandq.bat

The Q file I referenced does not exist and it does not matter that it does not. Declude will see that there are not 30 processes running and than start to process the mail in the overflow directory. The loop calling the batch file ensures that 30 process stay running. Once the overflow is clean ctrl+c the batch file and move on.

Darrell

Check out http://www.invariantsystems.com for utilities for Declude And Imail. IMail/Declude Overflow Queue Monitoring, MRTG Integration, and Log Parsers.

David Sullivan writes:

Declude Queue is nice and was invaluable before the Queue
Manager service on Imail.

The only problem is this:

RSP> than X. At that point, when an E-mail arrives, Declude will start enough
RSP> Declude processes to hit the limit of X (each of which scans a single E-mail).

DQ requires a continues flow of email in order to clear the /overflow
folder. Sending a single message through will not keep the DQ delivery
process going.

We're still having a number of Imail/PF issues and when a
machine gets swamped we switch processing entirely to another box.
Then we're stuck with q files in the /overflow folder and no way to
get them out. If you copy them into the /spool they don't get scanned
by Declude JM or Virus

--
Best regards,
David mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]